Author Topic: Review: Kastle FX 84  (Read 6540 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Review: Kastle FX 84
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2010, 11:02:08 am »
for sure. that's how come I know the RF's are so heavy!  ;D

SnowHot

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 100 Posts
    • EpicSki
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2010, 11:11:20 am »
^^^ was thinking the same thing.
Imagine that.  Two of us who listen to him.  What are we thinking?  ::)
Sometimes you just need to let your Bad Self ski!!
~nolo

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2010, 11:12:57 am »
we've been hypnotized........ ::)

Hey I will give you a call to touch base on next week.

Philpug

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2010, 11:31:49 am »
I am so glad I didn't post that about the RF bindings before..... ???

"HMM, not sure what to say but maybe it's the RF? "
You know Phil has forgotten more about ski gear than you and I know put together.
[after a well fed ego boost] ...Considering that I haven't forgotten much... >:D [/after a well fed ego boost]
« Last Edit: January 06, 2010, 11:36:39 am by Philpug »

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2010, 02:44:14 pm »
Are Kastle's the new Obama???o :o :o

To expand a little. The hype about this ski brand appears everywhere. Can it produce "change we can believe in"? I hope to demo a pair sometime with Phil and see firsthand.

The one aspect of the Kastle's that John brought out, and also mentioned by Epic's Sierra Jim, is that they are more of a GS ski meaning they want to go hard and fast. Phil skis that way and he has the body angles to get them onto high edge, therefore, I would fully expect him to like this ski.
Phil expressed on Epic that less skilled skiers seem to express this ski is very good. But I think that a skier needs to bend skis and carve to use them at their design point. Last year, I used Hart's of a similar GS design. While I liked many things about them, I do not ski with the energy needed to bring it to life and that was seen in the tracks I left.

One viewpoint, fire away!

Jane, you ignorant ****.

As I have said many times, I liken the MX series to a 911 and a FX to a Cayman. Lets talk 911's. If you have had the pleasure of driving a newer 996 (current Porsche 911), you will understand this, it is a car that you can drive to the store, church and to the track at 190MPH and will react the same in every capacity. Thats what this ski is like, Lola and Alice can ski it on groomer and dance while Ron and I can turn the ski up to mach speed and be able to see God before the ski maxes out. Where I find the FX appealing is the playfulness of the ski vs. the MX, the MX is a Doberman, all business, while the FX is more of a playful Wiemeraner (not one of those Wiemeraner that has been inbreed 12 times over), very quiet and regal of a ski yet a level of mischief under its skin.

On a clarification....Th e word "damp" was being tossed around, I think a more applicable word would be "refined". These are about the most refined skis I have ever skied.

As far as comparing these to the Harts, the Hart you had was a 16M 124/77/110 beautiful ski with a 16M TR but no means a GS ski. I will also say that while a Luciano Panotti ski is truly a work of art, the Kastles have a refinement a la comparing a (cars again) Porsche to a Maserati.

Phil,
It's bad enough to have a quiver 1/16 the size of Ron's. Now I have to go and buy 2 Porche's and a Maseratti and then 2 dogs just to know what your talking about.

I give up, can't compete, willing to be led by the Ski Wizzards from now on. Instruction to self: stop thinking, stop thinking, stop thinking.

SnowHot

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 100 Posts
    • EpicSki
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2010, 06:50:01 pm »
Are Kastle's the new Obama???o :o :o

To expand a little. The hype about this ski brand appears everywhere. Can it produce "change we can believe in"? I hope to demo a pair sometime with Phil and see firsthand.

The one aspect of the Kastle's that John brought out, and also mentioned by Epic's Sierra Jim, is that they are more of a GS ski meaning they want to go hard and fast. Phil skis that way and he has the body angles to get them onto high edge, therefore, I would fully expect him to like this ski.
Phil expressed on Epic that less skilled skiers seem to express this ski is very good. But I think that a skier needs to bend skis and carve to use them at their design point. Last year, I used Hart's of a similar GS design. While I liked many things about them, I do not ski with the energy needed to bring it to life and that was seen in the tracks I left.

One viewpoint, fire away!

Jane, you ignorant ****.

As I have said many times, I liken the MX series to a 911 and a FX to a Cayman. Lets talk 911's. If you have had the pleasure of driving a newer 996 (current Porsche 911), you will understand this, it is a car that you can drive to the store, church and to the track at 190MPH and will react the same in every capacity. Thats what this ski is like, Lola and Alice can ski it on groomer and dance while Ron and I can turn the ski up to mach speed and be able to see God before the ski maxes out. Where I find the FX appealing is the playfulness of the ski vs. the MX, the MX is a Doberman, all business, while the FX is more of a playful Wiemeraner (not one of those Wiemeraner that has been inbreed 12 times over), very quiet and regal of a ski yet a level of mischief under its skin.

On a clarification....Th e word "damp" was being tossed around, I think a more applicable word would be "refined". These are about the most refined skis I have ever skied.

As far as comparing these to the Harts, the Hart you had was a 16M 124/77/110 beautiful ski with a 16M TR but no means a GS ski. I will also say that while a Luciano Panotti ski is truly a work of art, the Kastles have a refinement a la comparing a (cars again) Porsche to a Maserati.

Phil,
It's bad enough to have a quiver 1/16 the size of Ron's. Now I have to go and buy 2 Porche's and a Maseratti and then 2 dogs just to know what your talking about.

I give up, can't compete, willing to be led by the Ski Wizzards from now on. Instruction to self: stop thinking, stop thinking, stop thinking.
Wow your fuel bill and dog food  expense will put a huge dent in your ski budget.  That's not even considering the dog training you'll need for the Weimeraner!  Good luck with that. :)
~nolo

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2010, 06:57:30 am »

Jane, you ignorant ****.

Thats what this ski is like, Lola and Alice can ski it on groomer and dance while Ron and I can turn the ski up to mach speed and be able to see God before the ski maxes out.

Phil, You male chauvinist pig!

There is one absolute truth to ski reviews and testing. If your wife likes a ski and it makes her happy.......buy it. ;D ;D ;D

And GG,
How does it feel when Alice brings her Kastle's to bed?

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2010, 06:58:51 am »

Phil,

Mike, I have 4 pairs of skis..... if you have 1/16, they are even small by HH standards ?;D

However, I am glad to see you finally taking my advice (see stop thinking...) ?There's hope afterall. Now, to see you just cruising easy (re: not thinking, just being, enjoying the moment) on a pair of fatties would just make my season....

GG-  WOW!  I am so thrilled to see this sticking! 

« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 07:00:48 am by Ron »

Philpug

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2010, 07:34:47 am »

Jane, you ignorant ****.

Thats what this ski is like, Lola and Alice can ski it on groomer and dance while Ron and I can turn the ski up to mach speed and be able to see God before the ski maxes out.

There is one absolute truth to ski reviews and testing. If your wife likes a ski and it makes her happy.......buy it. ;D ;D ;D

And GG,
How does it feel when Alice brings her Kastle's to bed?

Lola is skiing Kastles

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2010, 07:57:45 am »
Obviously Ron's knowledge ego was set on tilt when I missed his Rail Flex comment....now there my good friend....take no assault from my irreverence for you have set me on the straight and narrow for many a things, ...why I should not describe the taste of a great red wine as "sparkling"...or made me watch ski **** until I bent to their will and purchase some rockers, you are a divine one in your on right, a.....
right beneath The Almighty Phil....now live with it...you shall continue to garner my respect and willingness to learn new things.  ::)

Mike oh Mike,...If Alice were indeed to take her Kastles to bed and I my JJ's...I do indeed wonder what off spring the mating pair would inspire? hmmm....?

G
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 08:00:07 am by Gary »

SnowHot

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 100 Posts
    • EpicSki
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2010, 07:59:19 am »

Jane, you ignorant ****.

The proper reply is:
Dan you pompous a$$
~nolo

SnowHot

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 100 Posts
    • EpicSki
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2010, 08:02:26 am »
Obviously Ron's knowledge ego was set on tilt when I missed his Rail Flex comment....now there my good friend....take no assault from my irreverence for you have set me on the straight and narrow for many a things, ...why I should not describe the taste of a great red wine as "sparkling"...or made me watch ski **** until I bent to their will and purchase some rockers, you are a divine one in your on right, a.....
right beneath The Almighty Phil....now live with it...you shall continue to garner my respect and willingness to learn new things.? ::)

Mike oh Mike,...If Alice were indeed to take her Kastles to bed and I my JJ's...I do indeed wonder what off spring the mating pair would inspire? hmmm....?

G
Gary, it appears that I may be meeting you in a  week.  Unless you do your best to avoid me, which is completely understandable.  So, tell me, what kind of influence do you think Alice and I will have on each others affection toward our Kastles?
I find myself fondling my regularly. :)
~nolo

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #42 on: January 07, 2010, 08:03:54 am »
Clearly not as movie buffish as some here Snowhot...I was a bit taken back by the harshness of those comments until I learned you indeed were not a **** and that you were in fact a very good skier.

Now if someone could please include an explanation next time when movie phrases are used.

Gesh....I almost wanted to send her flowers...criminy.. my JJ's would have been so jealous!
Best,
G
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 08:07:50 am by Gary »

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2010, 08:06:48 am »
Actually, I do most of the fondling of ALices Kastles....they seem to respond well when they adorn her feet....I must be doing something right.  tops, bottoms and edges....get the full treantment!

Which pair to you have?

Lookiing forward to meeting you and slicing a dicing in Aspen!

Does Ron have to play?? >:D

G
« Last Edit: January 07, 2010, 08:09:08 am by Gary »

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2010, 08:23:30 am »
Clearly not as movie buffish as some here Snowhot...I was a bit taken back by the harshness of those comments until I learned you indeed were not a **** and that you were in fact a very good skier.

Now if someone could please include an explanation next time when movie phrases are used.

Gesh....I almost wanted to send her flowers...criminy.. my JJ's would have been so jealous!
Best,
G

Just another thing I had to walk you through......  ;D   it was Saturday night live.......