Author Topic: Ski Logik Ullr's Chariot  (Read 7851 times)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
Re: Ski Logik Ullr's Chariot
« on: August 30, 2010, 08:12:23 am »
Thanks Jim, I enjoy spending money on skis and you and everyone else is making it oh so easy.
I will also tell you why I like the 188 better than the 178. Usually when you go up in length by 10cms you usually get a corresponding uptick in TR. Usually when you have a 15m TR ski in a 178 the 188 will be 17m. Dave has done something really nice with the Chraiot in that he increased the tip size on the longer ski, creating more sidecut and hence keeping the TR at 15. I also think in 3d snow (powder) the wider tip will also float a little better. If I was going to use this ski as a wide "daily driver" I might consider it in the 178m (although knowing the running length it is even short for that). However for me, if there isn't a good amount of fresh snow, I own so many other skis that I would rather be on so I know I will only pull this out when i's fresh and soft.

My guess is that I will be on 3-4 skis this year mostly. The new Head SS's with KERS on groomer days. Head IM 78's skiing off piste without fresh snow, the chariot for fresh snow, and the Head ICON TT 80's for bumps (really a great bump ski).? I will also say that I do love my K2 Hardside skis for pow as well and I will have to do the side by side comparison against the Chariot. The chariot has one big advantage, that tight turn radius means that you can use the sidecut more, pivot less and actaully work a lot less in the pow. Should be a nice leg saver. Can't wait to try them (haven't bought them yet either).

I sold a lot of skis last year which was pretty much my first time doing that ever (I learned alot watching Ron!!). I ended up with a $2400 balance at Paypal. I feel like I am fully loaded with ammo for the upcoming ski buying season. I also don't want to buy a zillion skis this year like I always do. I already have an awesome quiver. Let's see how patience sits with me. Clearly not my strong suit!!