Author Topic: Who is still skiing  (Read 519 times)

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Who is still skiing
« on: April 09, 2013, 12:34:14 pm »
I just got back from a week in Hawaii and its now 70 degrees here, and biking has started. Actually it started in Hawaii, I rented a bike at Hickam AFB (now officially called Joint Base Pearl Harbor/ Hickam Field) and did a little 26 mile loop over to Waikiki and Diamond Head Park.

Anyway, I was curious if anyone is still skiing.  I hear they had 8 inches of new snow at Alta, but I have no idea what Colorado weather has been?
« Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 12:35:39 pm by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

meput

• 1 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
Re: Who is still skiing
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2013, 06:10:37 pm »
Still skiing in Maine. Mid winter conditions last weekend. 3" new snow this AM. Should be skiing into May, as long as no major melt down (80?s). Entire mtn will be open this weekend for Reggae Fest (that includes front and backside snowfields and Brackett Basin). Sback open on weekends only due to lack of people, not lack of snow!

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 05:47:00 am »
My wife skied last Friday at Blue.  Fantastic conditions, apparently (believe me, I heard ALL about it)  ::).  They are still open, so we may both head up tomorrow.  Gary is skiing in Colorado this week.  No word from him as to how conditions are there.  And my wife and I are trying to work a last-minute getaway to Banff in the next week, tied around a business trip to the area.  No melting going on there - it's still full-on winter.  12 cm new snow at Louise a couple of days ago.  Nice! Will post back if it works out....

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2013, 06:56:14 am »
Forgot to mention -- there is a snow storm coming here to Ontario, and there should be fresh stuff through the weekend.  Never-ending winter.  Love it!

meput

• 1 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 10:09:18 am »
Forecast for Maine mountains on Fri/Fri night: SNOW!  4-6" with potential for storm development that could up amount to 10". Looks like a day for the RnR's.  ;D

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2013, 11:27:51 am »
Must be the same storm as we're getting, coming your way.  Hope it brings you a bounty, Jim.

Liam

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2013, 04:41:07 pm »
I just had the shop tune up four pairs of skis (only two for me-the RnR's and the Icelantic Shamans)-I'll ski April 13-15 at Mount Snow with my family (we've been making this April sojourn to the Grand Summit for 8 years now, I look forward to this get away all season...my oldest boy is bringing his girlfriend along this time-man, How time changes everything!!)

and I will make at least two more trips up way north-Maybe Maine, Maybe Jay Peak.

But...I have started biking again and doing a lot of trail work...April is a busy time.

Meput, I hope you get a ton of snow up north!