Author Topic: 'All-mountain' skis and the occasional skier  (Read 1244 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: 'All-mountain' skis and the occasional skier
« on: January 31, 2012, 11:00:15 am »
Hey Johnny -- great review.  Thanks for that.  Sounds like you had a super trip.  Post back and tell us about the resort you skied, landscape, Italian villages....and the food! 

Scott seems to make some really excellent skis.  Several of their models have been getting accolades in the N. American and European ski media test reports for many years now, including the Crusade.  Their design is a good one -- dual radius sidecut (I have a ski with that design, and love it -- it works); sidecut that begins well back from the shovel to prevent hooking in soft snow; hollowed out tip and tail for lighter swing weight.  Build quality is said to be top notch too.  Just don't see them in the shops here, though, at least in Canada where I am.  Shame, as it would be good to demo a pair and see how they perform.  Sounds like a fantastic one-ski quiver for a western skier.....Nice!

I like that they performed so well in crusty broken snow, and then were so good on-piste.  Too bad you had no fresh powder to try them in.  All around versatile ski -- a winner!

Cheers,
Svend