Author Topic: Woman's skis -- Head MYA#8, Fischer KOA 88/84  (Read 577 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Re: Head Rev 85 review
« on: March 17, 2013, 09:57:21 pm »
Hey Jim, she was pretty tickled to be contributing here.  Not sure if she will take up your generous offer of a free membership.  Hanging in the same 'hood as the old geezer (=Dad)...um...not so cool.  ::) 

She does have a pretty good "feel" for all things ski, and can pick out differences and changes in gear such as boot alignment, footbeds, binding mount position, etc., almost immediately.  She is very in tune that way.  Pretty rare, I would guess, for a 14 year old girl.

FWIW, she is really addicted to the light, agile Fischer feel.  Very playful, light underfoot and light on the snow, and she loves the fun factor that those skis have.  As much as she liked the Head Mya, I think the next ski for her will be another Fischer...probably the Koa 88.  Carrying on her theme, as it were, as she is skiing the Progressor 8 and the Maunga at present.  A natural upgrade.  Time to start the hunt for a good deal....

By contrast, her elder sister did not at all like either of the afore-mentioned Fischers, and greatly preferred the damp, solid feel of the Heads.  In fact, upon realizing that her Elan twin tips were no longer up to the task, she skied Mom's Dynastar Legends for the rest of the week, and killed it on those.  Another damp, solid ski.  First run comments: "These are way too fast! I can't ski these!" Second run, and all subsequent:  "WooHoo!!!"

To each her own....  ;D