Author Topic: Dynstar Outland 87 and Atomic Nomad Blackeye Ti  (Read 1308 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Dynstar Outland 87 and Atomic Nomad Blackeye Ti
« on: December 21, 2012, 12:03:48 pm »
Possibly.  That and a good re-tuning would likely make them less catchy in the bumps.  My experience with rental shop tunes is less than stellar.  A couple of minutes with a gummi stone might have changed my mind on that.  And yes, you are right, a longer length would have been ace -- more stable and measured in their handling. 

But, all-in-all, that was my only gripe with the skis.  Otherwise they were great.  More fun than my Mythics; more versatile than the Peaks and my Mythics; solid enough to hold a 220 lb guy on a steep cruddy run; smooth and quiet at speed.  Impressive. 

In my opinion, they are a significant improvement on the former Sultan/Legend 85, whose niche they seem to have filled.  More stable and solid feeling, but without much of a weight penalty or being any more demanding.  They are as easy to pilot as the Sultans, but a notch higher in performance.

Interestingly, they don't seem to be getting much attention in the North American press, although the Europeans seem pretty keen on them.  Kind of a sleeper ski on this side of the pond, it seems.

Well worth checking out for anyone in the market for a ski of this type.