Author Topic: Holiday Valley Ski  (Read 395 times)

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Holiday Valley Ski
« on: November 14, 2012, 08:55:17 am »
Hey all...I always like to put it out there for our Annual Ski Trip to Holiday Valley and Holimont in Ellicottville, NY.

It's always a great 3 days of skiing and this year already, PS members Svend, Michael and Greg are going to be joining us. We usually have between 6-8 guys. The dates are Feb 3,4 & 5...a Sun, Mon & Tues.

The resort is just 45 minutes south of Buffalo, NY. It gets great Lake effect snow. In all the years we've been going, we've had fresh snow and great conditions.

Fun time, great group passionate about skiing, lot's of laughs and great food.

Let me know if anyone on site can make the trip.  Cheers, G

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
Re: Holiday Valley Ski
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 05:42:17 am »

The resort is just 45 minutes south of Buffalo, NY. It gets great Lake effect snow. In all the years we've been going, we've had fresh snow and great conditions.

Yeah, but, first you have to get to Buffalo in winter! Think "Dark Side of the Moon". Well, almost.

Anyway, I'm in. Svend and Helluvaskier should also be there. I'll get my annual dose of PMTS technique wisdom from Greg. Last year he told me to start all over again. ::) He sugarcoats nothing.

I met with Gary and Alice for dinner on Wednesday night. The Tennis Diva and I are doing a driving tour of the Finger Lakes region of New York and Gary recommended a very nice golf resort, Bristol Harbor Inn, for our stay. They did a short ride down from Rochester and we had a great time during the evening meal. It was great to see them again.

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 07:28:40 am »
Anyway, I'm in. Svend and Helluvaskier should also be there.

Darn right I'll be there! I missed last year, and am not missing this trip again.  It's always a great time.  Everyone brings more munchies and beverages than can be consumed in two and a half days.  For the record, I will bring:  espresso (and machine to make it in  ;D), dry-cured salami, and small-batch Canadian sipping whiskey.  Looking forward to finally meeting some of the other PS members there, Mike and Greg. 

« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 07:30:11 am by Svend »

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 07:32:53 am »
The HV Guys Trip is always a good time with some great wines, cheeses, foods, and life stories. Greg was a blast to ski with...think Rocket Man!

Alice and I enjoyed our dinner with Mike and Diane....happy to hear you guys enjoyed the Bristol Harbor Resort. Much reminds me of a Colorado Lodge...

Looking forward to skiing together there and hoping you can make the extra drive to Rochester to ski Bristol with us before the HV trip.

Cheers, G

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 06:39:45 am »
Svend .......DAAAAARRRRRR RRKKKKKKKKKKK Chocolate 2 plez!!!!!  :P

Svend is my Canadian connection to amazing ski food!   ;)

G