Author Topic: Bomber B-1 SL  (Read 1687 times)

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Bomber B-1 SL
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 12:01:00 pm »
 :) Ok, as head of the Statistics Verification Board I need to confirm that number as 80,000 vertical feet, aka 15 miles, aka 80 runs on a 1000 vertical foot trail/hill.  Many times, that's a hard WEEK of skiing for me!
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2012, 08:42:52 am »
Are we talking pure bred Slalom gate skis or a ski with a 11-13 meter turning radius.

I don't agree that all skiers with a slalom type ski make GS turns....way to nondescript. Being playful on the mountain on a 13 meter carving ski means you might be making short turns carvers, medium and GS turns depending on traffic.

The product line offered to the general public offer lots of turn shape versatility in that turn radius range.

IMO....No matter what ski you have on the feet....you gotta have the tools that allow you to maximize it's performance....and then some.

g

HeluvaSkier

• Consider me the reason you should pay attention...
  • Instructor
  • 100 Posts
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2012, 06:24:29 pm »
Are we talking pure bred Slalom gate skis or a ski with a 11-13 meter turning radius.

Gate skis. Pedestrian skiers can't bend them.
All-Mountain: A common descriptive term for boots or skis that are designed to perform equally poorly under a variety of conditions and over many different types of terrain.

dan.boisvert

• 100 Posts
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2012, 09:15:47 pm »
I only use "SL" or "GS" to refer to gate skis.  I call the consumer models short-radius carvers.

HeluvaSkier

• Instructor
  • 100 Posts
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2012, 12:56:11 pm »
I only use "SL" or "GS" to refer to gate skis.  I call the consumer models short-radius carvers.

That is good terminology. With the performance of most all mountain carvers these days I'm not sure why a non racer would want a true SL or GS ski. They aren't particularly versatile.
All-Mountain: A common descriptive term for boots or skis that are designed to perform equally poorly under a variety of conditions and over many different types of terrain.

dan.boisvert

• 100 Posts
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2012, 06:04:00 pm »
With the performance of most all mountain carvers these days I'm not sure why a non racer would want a true SL or GS ski. They aren't particularly versatile.

They're really fun for going fast on the right surface, though.  If I could afford a Formula One car and had someplace to park it, I'd buy one of those, too..  ;D

HeluvaSkier

• Instructor
  • 100 Posts
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2012, 08:40:26 pm »
They're really fun for going fast on the right surface, though.  If I could afford a Formula One car and had someplace to park it, I'd buy one of those, too..  ;D

Formula One cars weren't meant to be parked.  :P