Author Topic: JJ part 3  (Read 349 times)

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
JJ part 3
« on: January 08, 2010, 06:39:18 pm »
Today I arrived a Bristol and there was 5" of fresh on the ground.....light fluffy fresh....snow we seldom get here. Well, something new for the JJ's to expereince. Ya knowl....it's like introducing a young baby to new baby food. Each spoonful of the different flavors garnered another reaction.

ANd so it was with the JJ'.s...todays powder was so much fun with the JJ's...not that my P8's are not fun in the same conditions...it's just feels different. The JJ's cruise through all snow with such smoothness it's hard to describe.? As the morning went on, the snow got piled up into 1-2 foot piles with packed powder in between. I skied through those piles like they were flat snow...I mean notta head jerk...just smooth and the edges at 3 and 1 cut through the hardpack like my P8's.

I had a friend of mine waiting for me at the bottom of a black run....he hadn't been up yet and I came down through the crud and piled snow on the edges with some nice short and medium swing turns. When I got to the bottom, he was blown away I was making turns like that with rockers.....115 underfoot.

The thing that really blew me away...in playing along the edges on small hits and jumps I hit a 3 foot riser and came down and was shocked....the skis sucked up the impact like a full suspension dirt bike...wicked cool...no bouncing, no impact transfer, just absorbtion, tracking and carved to the next turn.

Yep, slide, carve, absorb....fun fun fun!? ;D? A sweet ride for sure....more adventures coming!? G
« Last Edit: January 08, 2010, 06:41:09 pm by Gary »

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: JJ part 3
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 04:15:54 am »
very happy for the both of you! So glad to hear that I wasnt so crazy afterall......... ???

Philpug

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 06:20:18 am »
Gee, who woulda thunk?

It wasn't too long ago that I was assured that all I needed for "boot high snow" was a Head SuperShape, my how the times have changed.  >:D

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 07:56:53 am »
G,
The local weather stations have stating that Rochester is the only area in the US where snow is just puking. Stop it and send it all to JH, maybe with a little detour to Aspen.
I've taken a vow (short term) to cease fat ski jokes.

Mike

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 08:02:48 am »
G,
Local weather stations indicate Rochester is the only area where snow is just puking. Enjoy the JJ's. When real winter returns, enjoy the progrsssors.

Send some of the puking to JH with maybe a little diversion to Aspen.

I made a (short term) pledge to stop fat ski jokes. More to Come.

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 08:31:39 pm »
Ron thank you again for you incesent showing of cool ski ****...WITH rockers....and yes Phil...who wudda...even me....never thought I'd go 90 and here I am today at 115.

Must admit you and your Never Summer's also played a role.  BIg fat skis can carve and so much more.
It's not that the Head SS coudn't be skied in boot high..the JJ for me increase the fun and RELAX factor!

I think it's important to evolve with you skiing....I've said this before and it's an important thing to take stock in because we're here to make the most out of each turn...smile, have fun...for me...I find hanging with open minded friends and even some who are just there on the cusp ....there are ways to increase the fun and wow factor and if that's your bag.....fill er up!

G

PS...Mike...thanks for sending the snow here...allowed me and JJ to become one...now...I instructured the snow gods to start shipping it to Aspen followed by JH.

Philpug

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 05:40:28 am »
Ron thank you again for you incesent showing of cool ski ****...WITH rockers....and yes Phil...who wudda...even me....never thought I'd go 90 and here I am today at 115.

Must admit you and your Never Summer's also played a role.? BIg fat skis can carve and so much more.
It's not that the Head SS coudn't be skied in boot high..the JJ for me increase the fun and RELAX factor!

I think it's important to evolve with you skiing....I've said this before and it's an important thing to take stock in because we're here to make the most out of each turn...smile, have fun...for me...I find hanging with open minded friends and even some who are just there on the cusp ....there are ways to increase the fun and wow factor and if that's your bag.....fill er up!

G

PS...Mike...thanks for sending the snow here...allowed me and JJ to become one...now...I instructured the snow gods to start shipping it to Aspen followed by JH.

Gary,

Would different views on technique from instructors like a Dan Egan or Bob Barnes help evolve your skiing too?