Author Topic: Some Basic Thoughts on Good Ski boot Fit  (Read 1940 times)

HighAngles

• 1 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
Re: Some Basic Thoughts on Good Ski boot Fit
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2013, 10:27:45 pm »
Byron - I've done some fitting work with Steve Bagley at Snowbird.  Not sure who you've been talking to, but I can definitely recommend Steve for his knowledge of boot fitting and alignment balancing.  Of course that was long ago (2006) and I've since moved over to the crew at the HSS Skunk-works.

Gaining experience with boot fitting isn't going to happen overnight, but going in as an "educated" customer reaps rewards no matter what you're purchasing.  Ski boot fitting is part art and part science.  The art comes from experience in understanding how to "creatively" solve some boot fitting problems.  The science is in understanding how all the variables are inter-related and their effect on alignment (fore/aft and lateral).  Finding a trusted "partner" to help you get to where you need to be is important, but you also benefit from developing an understanding of boot fitting so that you can better communicate with your fitter.

In the end, if I would have had to pay a boot fitter for the number of hours I've spent working on my own boot fit (testing the mix of various liners, footbeds, and shells) then I would probably be in $25K deep at least.