Author Topic: Footbeds for teenagers; forefoot pain  (Read 1249 times)

HighAngles

• 1 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
Re: Footbeds for teenagers; forefoot pain
« on: January 01, 2013, 11:01:09 pm »
All really great info so far...

Svend - Have you taken her to a doctor yet to have her feet checked out?  I've had some problems with neuromas that required a cortisone shot between the toes to get the met pain calmed down.  She may be in a "place" now that even if you do get the boot fitting sorted out you won't readily realize it due to the continued foot problems.  A ski boot shell is a rather "confining" environment and your feet need to be healthy or you could be led astray on whether the boot is actually fitting correctly.

After going the custom route with my 13 year old son (which he promptly outgrew quickly), I've settled on using Downunder footbeds with my kids.  HH sells them in his shop and I also use them myself in a couple pairs of boots.  What I like is that they're supportive without being too rigid.  They will conform to the foot over time, but you have to be sure to trim them correctly so that they fit properly into the liner and shell.  They have a nice deep heel pocket and good met support (uncommon for an OTS footbed).  They're also easily grindable to reduce volume and fine-tune the shape.