Author Topic: PRD 12's vs 14's??  (Read 1145 times)

byronm

• 100 Posts
Re: PRD 12's vs 14's??
« on: February 05, 2013, 03:26:44 am »
Thanks for the info Jim....The Skis are Head Rev 85 Pro's...I just finished a two day demo on a pair and really got along well with them. While I am sure I did not extract the upper performance level out of the skis, they were trustworthy, user friendly and.....FUN.

I lucked upon the demo. I contacted an LSS to see if I could get ahold of some Ipeak 78 pros or 84's. They didnt have them but had just received a flat pair of the Rev's. They mounted them up with Marker Griffon Demo Bindings on a rental plate and I was the first on the slopes with them. I was a bit dissapointed that the bindings look like they have been rode hard and put out wet but they seem to work o.k. I am also in deliberation with the shop to purchase those particular skis as my demo $$ would go towards purchase.

Not a deal breaker in terms of the ski and demo bindings (if the price were right) but I just felt as if the ski would perform best with bindings designed for it...and...like the idea of  diagonal heel release and an "unused" binding with fore/aft adjust....without plate. (Although I probably would not notice the difference in performance with or without rental plate)

ps: Looking at the chart again...if age and type cancel out....going by weight which is on a different line than height and a 306 sole.......it looks like I would be somewhere around 4.5 so indeed they look like they would work fine.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 03:36:36 am by byronm »