Author Topic: Northeast Snowbomb-still going off  (Read 387 times)

Liam

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 200 Posts
Northeast Snowbomb-still going off
« on: March 19, 2013, 04:42:13 pm »
Dang,

It just keeps coming....Berkshire east was dynamite today and it's still snowing!   Love that every Northeast ski area is getting a pounding in this storm.

Hope you all get out and get some very, very, soon!

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

meput

• 1 Year Member
  • 200 Posts
Re: Northeast Snowbomb-still going off
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 02:35:52 pm »
Did just that!!  :-*

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 03:35:16 pm »
And so did Jim!

I had a day/night  schedule yesterday and Jim decided
to get up at 4:30am and drive to Gore Mountain to explore a new mountain.
The snow was a bit heavy, but he wasn't complaining too much!

Lynn
"Play it Sam"

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2013, 04:39:30 pm »
The cold temps factored into a decision to keep my home hill open this week. ;D Got two more days in, but, on the southern side of the fronts, we just got 3" of very heavy wet snow. On the plus side, this was the first time I ever cut fresh tracks at Blue, in a fog and light rain, but, still...... Left by 1 pm as the snow was just too heavy.

Looked at the weather channel and the east is experiencing this very unusual dip in the jet-stream which should hang around and that's the cause of our cold weather.

Off to Jackson Hole and Big Sky tomorrow. Spoke to a friend in JH and he states that the best skiing is goomers, but, that's not bad for the first couple of days. Spring skiing is predicted in Big Sky.

So, all in the east, enjoy the balance of the ski year.  Liam - one of these days, I'll get to B'east.

Liam

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • 200 Posts
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 08:14:34 am »
Tuesday with my son in the snow was wonderful....but wednesday may have been the best ski day I have had....ever.   Seriously, the got 13 inches by the end of the day on tuesday, but then another 6-7 overnight, wednesday was Bluebird...and the place was empty...I mean deep tree runs all day in glorious March sunshine...probably the best day Berkshire East has seen in decades.

I have some buds up at Jay who are pretty stoked right now as well.

Here's to a great Spring!  Let it snow.

Liam