Author Topic: A 3 Carver Review  (Read 759 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: A 3 Carver Review
« on: January 11, 2012, 07:24:05 am »
Mike, thanks for the feedback on those skis.  The Elan sounds like a winner.  My brother has the previous version of that ski, the Speedwave/Waveflex 12, non-Amphibio version, and loves it.  Tons of fun.  I hope to steal it from him for a day later this month, and will see what all the fuss is about. 

I think the Kastle is definitely worth a demo too.  FYI, I checked the Kastle site, and the MX70 is also a dual radius ski, so short turn performance should be there too.  They have them at a shop in Banff, so she may get out on a pair in a couple of months. 

So far her short list is:  Elan WF-12; Kastle MX70; Stockli Laser SC; Nordica Spitfire; and Fischer Progressor 10.  At present she is inclined toward the Fischer, as she is having such a blast on her Progressor 8's.  Comment from her:  "Make it a bit longer and a bit more solid, and I'm sold!"  That pretty much sums up the P-10.   :D

Re. GS race skis, did you see my post on the $99 race skis on sale here in Toronto? If you want something different and new, check it out.....