Author Topic: Review: Blizzard Magnum 8.1  (Read 1200 times)

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Review: Blizzard Magnum 8.1
« on: February 02, 2011, 09:23:27 am »
Lynn, whatever works for ya'? is what's best. i don't do drills but I am aware of my skiing when doing so. There are times that I will exaggerate some movement or be extra conscious of something that I am not doing right. When skiing certain terrain, drills are only going to get you so far, your ability to read the mountain and survival skiing skills, including how to jump off and land off small features up to 5', how to ski over downed trees, rocks, slide- slipping slots, know how to put on skis in deep, steep powder, understand tree wells are critical and need to be at least "functional" for if nothing else, your own safety. If you are planning on getting serious about trees and sidecountry skiing, I can't emphasize the importance of these skills.?

Lynn:? And you need to find someone to ski that terrain with, 'cause it ain't likely that I'm goin there with ya.? ?:o ;D

Now inbounds trees and glades, that's a different matter.? I've come to like those.? ?;)
And skiing the features and rollers in the terrain parks?  that's ok too.   ::)

Ron:? The exaggeration part is what I was doing -- the drill reminded me that I needed to emphasize looking where my hands were because old habits have a way of coming back to visit.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 09:46:32 am by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."