Author Topic: Review: Blizzard Magnum 8.1  (Read 1192 times)

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Review: Blizzard Magnum 8.1
« on: February 02, 2011, 07:45:13 am »
good morning Mike

Glen Scannell will be joining the group, so I am hoping that there will be some "official" PMTS style feedback, if not "drills.

And yes, for just a weekend it is a long drive. Jim and I are flying since the fares are just a bit more than gas/tolls would be.
And we are staying an extra day monday to stretch it out.

Now, contrary to Ron's belief about drills, my version is to spend the top part of the first couple of runs to do some drills and progressively work the
skill I am focusing on into the rest of the run.
Or do a couple of different "reminder" drills during the first run.

Jim rolled his eyes at me when I said to do a section of a run holding the poles horizontally in front of him while skiing.  (we had done a couple of other exercises on the same run).
He ended being glad of the reminder to keep his hands up in front and relatively parallel. He has a tendency to drop one behind his hip at times. This became something he focused on the rest of the trip. And could feel a difference in his skiing.

Doing some slower movements and focusing on my feet really helped when we were in deeper snow or in the glades.
BTW, Breckinridge has some nice "off trail" trees. Surprising, given its rep for coasting Blue runs.

Hope we can ski again with you soon.

L.
"Play it Sam"