Author Topic: Roll Call - 2013-14 Ski Season  (Read 859 times)

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Roll Call - 2013-14 Ski Season
« on: September 20, 2013, 11:36:29 am »
Living Proof:

I echo your sentiments about last years forum interactions going where no one needed to go.  I had heard of the religious fervor that accompanied discussions of ski technique, but I had never really experienced it first hand.  Like High Angles, I enjoyed hearing the different points of view.  I wasn't looking to be "converted" to either religion, I just enjoyed the interaction.

I haven't paid much attention to the forum performance this summer (other than to be amazed at how poor it has been) since I've have had lots of other concerns that were of greater importance.  I will check into moving the forum to a site where performance isn't an issue, but should be able to make that invisible to users.

However, I don't plan on being the judge while the factions argue about where EpicSki did this or didn't do that.  I don't see how that contributes anything to any forum at this point.  If we have to argue, let's pick some other inane topic like whether the earth actually revolves around the sun or not.

I thought Liam's kick off topics last year were excellent and quite well organized.  Perhaps someone has similar ideas.

Emotionally, I feel like I've turned a corner of some sort.  I'm just going to ski the skis that I have and not get "impassioned" about the latest and greatest ski gear.  ---  Of course I've heard JBotti say that in the past and then he gets the fever and buys a pair (or talks me into buying a pair) of skis a month later.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that primary among these is respect from their fellow forum members, even when they disagree."  :)
Treat others as you would want to be treated? 
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 11:39:42 am by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."