Author Topic: Ski Logik Ullr's Chariot  (Read 7898 times)

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
Re: Ski Logik Ullr's Chariot
« Reply #75 on: September 22, 2010, 01:22:20 pm »

My east coast ski is my Head SuperShape Magnums.? 72 under the waist with pretty decent versatility.

Jim,
You are in some good company. Over the past 3 years, Ron, Gary, Phil and I have been in Jackson Hole each January. One local person we ski with is Bob Peters who posts on Epic and is a super ambassador for the area. He also is one helluva skier and his daily driver is the Head Magnum. He calls it the perfect JH ski when there are no freshies. He's a rep for Head and has access to their full line so he can select from several skis according to conditions, and, hell no, he does not use them on pow days. JH goes for some long periods without new snow, and as it faces east the snow can get very eastern like.

It's funny that we developed 3 friends there and each skis an entirely different ski. Our friend Stephen (Skiing-in-Jackson) skis the widest skis he can find. David ( Tetonpowderjunkie ) skis 90 plus Nordica's. Go figure. As you have commented many times, to each his (or her) own.

Ron, Phil did an epic post quoting many things I said about fat skies prior to trying and buying the 88's and doing a full 180 degree turn. It is a real trip being convicted by your own words.  Keep giving us your best and current thinking.