Author Topic: CW-X Stabilyzers/EuroCompression Socks  (Read 408 times)

byronm

• 100 Posts
CW-X Stabilyzers/EuroCompression Socks
« on: December 23, 2012, 09:31:54 pm »
Santa is on his way with some CW-X insulator stabilyx tights and some Euro Compression Socks.

I found a reveiw on the forum from 2006 but nothing since. There are reviews on other sites that seem to run in vein of either ya love em or you hate em. Either way, I asked Santa for some and I hear they are on the way.

The tights are to help with my out of shape twig legs and the socks are a must (well a more stylish option that what I am currently using) to ensure circulation and support on my shin area where I have a wound still healing.

I will post a review later but anyone with experience with them....does and don'ts...expectations.. ..hype vs reality welcome. It is the insulated tights which I am a bit worried about because I currently use UA cold gear and with my insulated pants...they are plenty warm and then some on +30* or so days.

Nevertheless...I am glad Santa is bringing as my Gkid would say...."perprizes"... ;D

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

midwif

• Global Moderator
  • 1000 Posts
Re: CW-X Stabilyzers/EuroCompression Socks
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2012, 09:03:00 am »
Hi Byron

I have a couple of the euro compression socks. As good, if not better than, ski race weight smart wool.
They don't get "smooshed" around my foot as much as other brands do. ( must my experience; others may not have creases near the toes after a day of skiing)
I also found it helpful to go down a size. A really good fit with no extra material, but not too binding, was the ticket.
Happy Holidays!

Lynn
"Play it Sam"

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2012, 10:26:47 am »
Nice present Byron!

This season I will add use a set of 3/4 length Salomon compression tights. I'm just hoping for a little support, but, if it was that easy to fix leg issues with compression material, then, that would have made big time news years ago. I don't want to add the full length of that gear into my ski boot which is why I did the 3/4 length. As it's finally getting cold and my ski area will open soon, I'll give a review.

Personally, my legs don't get cold while skiing, and, I hate to overheat and generate dampness. I would caution just to use the compressions and not anything on top. We all tolerate cold a little different, so, your experience may vary.

byronm

• 100 Posts
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2012, 01:49:47 pm »
LP...I ordered the 3/4 also to keep the junk out of my ski boot. I don't know how they will compare to UA cold gear in terms of warmth, I would assume similar. If warmer, I may have to switch to a shell pant on warmer days...My legs and body have never gotten cold using the UA cold gear with my insulated ski pant. In terms of support, every little bit helps, I get tired near the end of the day or when the snow is heavy and pushing me around. The new tights are just temporary, I'm waiting for them to come out with that G.I. Joe suit that will  allow me jump tall buildings and such, next month or so I hear.... ;D

Lynn...thx...good info. There were a number of other brands that were more expensive but seemed to be essentially the same....I wear an 8.5 and would want them to fit like an 8. Medium says 7-9 so hopefully being at the upper end of the sizing sprectrum....they will fit snug. Any idea what they might be in terms of support rating in mmHg? I couldn't find any data on them but I hope they are somewhere around 18-20 as I have had good luck with the regular medical compression  socks in that range.

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 02:47:41 pm »
LP...I ordered the 3/4 also to keep the junk out of my ski boot. I don't know how they will compare to UA cold gear in terms of warmth, I would assume similar. If warmer, I may have to switch to a shell pant on warmer days...My legs and body have never gotten cold using the UA cold gear with my insulated ski pant. In terms of support, every little bit helps, I get tired near the end of the day or when the snow is heavy and pushing me around. The new tights are just temporary, I'm waiting for them to come out with that G.I. Joe suit that will  allow me jump tall buildings and such, next month or so I hear.... ;D

Lynn...thx...good info. There were a number of other brands that were more expensive but seemed to be essentially the same....I wear an 8.5 and would want them to fit like an 8. Medium says 7-9 so hopefully being at the upper end of the sizing sprectrum....they will fit snug. Any idea what they might be in terms of support rating in mmHg? I couldn't find any data on them but I hope they are somewhere around 18-20 as I have had good luck with the regular medical compression  socks in that range.
Hmm......... junk in the ski boot????   Hmmmmm.
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

byronm

• 100 Posts
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 08:17:58 pm »
Unfortunately, I havent ever had much luck convincing anyone that was a problem..... :-X