Author Topic: Wider Skis for Me?  (Read 1314 times)

bushwacka

• Instructor
  • 400 Posts
Re: Wider Skis for Me?
« on: November 01, 2011, 09:25:01 pm »

Sounds like the Nomad SFT should be high on your list. You may even find you like it on groomed slopes.  I was a bit surprised at Bushwacka's endorsement, I expected him to gravitate to beefier skis.

A bit of background.
BW is a PSIA level III instructor at Stowe. His favorite type of skiing is  pretty obvious from his posts.
Liam is a Ski Patroller at Berkshire East (where ever that might be  :o  ) so his favorite skis may be what makes it easy to ski bumps backwards with a toboggan.

I own some beefy skis and want some really beefy skis. I am getting a pair of 193 Cochise to crush snowbird into submission but for the OP or for me skiing at stowe, a 193cm Cochise is not the skis.

The Nomad SFT has gobs of edge grip on hard snow and is stupid easy skiing soft snow or powder. It Icelantic second best  powder tree ski for me after the Gypsies and the best all around. I hate the Shamans(too much sidecut) and dislike the Keeper for tree skiing(to stiff, to much sidecut, to much camber underfoot). Also the SFT is quite capable at All mountain jibbing which makes my inner snowboarder quite happy.