Author Topic: Deals on Head Skis  (Read 597 times)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
Deals on Head Skis
« on: September 24, 2006, 03:23:10 pm »
I noticed this last week. There is an E bay store that is blowing some Head inventory at very cheap prices. Unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately!!) for me there is nothing I am looking for.

Here is a brief list:
XRC 800's with bindings for $349
XRC 1200's for $409 with a FF 14 binding
XRC 1400 chips with bindings for $429
I.SL RD's for $339 flat
IM 70's with LD 12 bindings for $339
I.Supershapes with FF 17's for $569
IM 88 flat in size 164cm for $349

Perhaps someone can use some of these skis.

Here is the link to their store:

http://search.stores.ebay.com/SnowboardsNStuff_head-skis_W0QQfciZQ2d1QQfclZ3QQfsnZSnowboardsNStuffQQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQftsZ2QQsaselZ262992QQsofpZ0

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Deals on Head Skis
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2006, 05:11:09 pm »
OK, fess up.  What skis ARE you looking for?
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2006, 07:01:09 pm »
Jim, I have to admit that I have some desire to own a pair of XRC 1200's. I just don't know when I would use them. I think they are a great novelty item and an awesome GS masters racing ski. On a normal day at any resort, you have to go much faster than the speed limit to really enjoy them. They are alot of work in the fall line, and you put them on their edges and let em go, you are pushing 40 mph in no time flat.

Even though I a have 2 pairs of powder skis, I, like Michael, am in search of the perfect powder ski for me. At Squaw we get a ton of it. The IM 88's are a great ski for all over the mounatin on a powder day, but they aren't the best pure powder ski.

Still, already owning IC 160's (that I never use), IM 75's (a which I also never use), I.SL chips (funnest skis I own), I.Supershapes (the funnest ski ever that are also work!!) IM 88's and the Nordica Blowers (got an unbelievable deal on them), I really don't need any new skis.

Having said all this, last season when I was on the Fischer WC SC's I like them better than the I.SL chips as they had better edge hold. I also found them for $399 flat but I have passed because they are redundant. I also skied the Fischer Atua at Squaw on two huge powder days and they were the best and easiet powder skis that I have been on. They also have good manners on the groomed and they are a sanwich constr. ski. I may sell my Nordica Blowers and buy a pair of these.

More than anything I think you can see why I continue to resist buying skis. I don't need any. But thanks for asking.

By the way, my demo list for fun this year is:

Elan Speddwave 12's and 10's
Fischer Rx Fire (looks like the WC SC)
Stockli Rotor
Head Im 82 (boy do I not need a ski like this) but I bet you they are a blast
Dynastar Contact 9 (mostly because I have a lot of friends who this would be perfect for according to Peters Review)

New gear just IS a ton of fun!! JB.

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2006, 09:38:51 pm »

Let me know what you think about the Contact 9 if you test it.  There are a few skis like this (plus Magfire 10, Head XRC800) that I would like to know more about just for advising others.

"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2006, 07:52:49 am »
Jim, the Head 800 is a superb ski for any intermediate looking to improve. Stable, solid, carvable, yet will allow skidding. Decent energy, forgiving. Good dims for learning to carve.  The MAgfire 10 is more of an advanced ski. I have not skied this but I have heard great things about it. I love the dims on it.