Author Topic: Wider Skis for Me?  (Read 1329 times)

beastieboy

• Ski Shop/Ski Patrol
  • <100 Posts
Re: Wider Skis for Me?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 07:31:06 pm »
Hi Jim,

Sorry - wasn't trying to take your post too seriously.  Just wanted to give perspective, and didn't want Liam's ski reviews to be viewed as coming from someone with really unusual ski demands.  We pretty much use skis the same way as everyone else, although for more days than some people!

Your friend who is certified has a serious commitment to the business of patrolling.  He has put a lot of work into it to become certified.  It's a great organization and a great group of people. 

Getting tested is probably not my favorite part of the job, or most other's for that matter.  Sometime if you are bored at your local mountain and see them doing toboggan training, volunteer to be the 'patient'.  It's a fun ride.

I agree with you on ski reviews.  There are some reviewers that I follow more than others.  It is one of the difficulties of the composite reviews you get in the ski magazines.  It's easier if you know about what they like to ski, what they value in a ski, and what other skis they like.  There are some people that if they like a ski, I'm pretty likely to like it too.  Others - not so much.