Author Topic: Krypton Pro boots  (Read 4325 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Krypton Pro boots
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2012, 07:26:13 am »
Jim, not feeling guilty, just annoyed with myself for making poorly-informed and too-hasty choices for my last two boots.  Those should have been keepers, but ended up (or soon to end up) being ditched after only a season or two.  The Lange Comp Pro had irreconcilable alignment problems that would have cost too much for a bootfitter's fix to make it worthwhile -- better to buy a new pair.  And the Tecnicas, well I told the story already -- too soft.

Josh, what you say makes perfect sense.  I have not ruled out the Krypton by any means, and I am still intrigued by my last try-on of those a couple of years ago -- the lack of pressure points, all-enveloping fit, smooth flex.  Very nice.  I need to try the shell again, as they have made some changes to the fit as of last year (C4 concept, whatever that means) and I don't know if they will still work for me.  That, and I really need to self-assess my skiing style and needs to see if a boot of that type would suit where and how I ski.  For your skiing, I could definitely see those as being an excellent match.  Your insight into these boots has been very helpful and informative, and will be a great aid in making my final choice.

Cheers,
Svend
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 07:31:04 am by Svend »