Author Topic: Krypton Pro boots  (Read 4367 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Krypton Pro boots
« on: April 15, 2012, 08:51:50 pm »
H-A, you mean you tested the Full Tilt's just for me? Or to satisfy your own curiosity? Either way, that is simply brilliant.  Stellar service to a fellow Peak Skier, sir! Thank you very much.

The outcome of your trial is really interesting, esp. that you were able to overpower the stiffest tongue on that boot.  I don't know your specs, but I am 6'2" and 220 lbs in my boxers, so that boot will likely not cut it for me either.  Not sure how that translates to the stiffness of the Krypton Pro with the stiffest tongue and spine widgets in place, but if I find a pair to try, I'll certainly see if they are substantial enough for me.

I'm really looking forward to starting the boot search.  Should be a lot of fun.  And I want to take my time and get it right this time.  I've had three pairs of boots in 6 years, two of which were in the past 3 years.  I want the next pair to last me at least 4 to 5 years, so no rush to buy.  I regret being too hasty in my last boot purchase.  Only tried a couple of pairs, fell in love with the fit of the Tecnicas and bought 'em.  Should have gone for a stiffer pair, and grown into them. 

I checked out the Zipfit site -- looks like a great product.   And I share a first name with the founder -- not a common moniker on this continent.  Cool!  8)

I knew nothing about Zipfit until now.  Not cheap, but seem to be well worth it.  Definitely a must-do when a liner packs out.  Although my Tecnica liners still feel like new after about 40 days in them, I may not have the same luck with my next boots.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 08:55:14 pm by Svend »