Author Topic: Wider Skis for Me?  (Read 1373 times)

jim-ratliff

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Wider Skis for Me?
« on: October 28, 2011, 09:57:57 am »
I'm sure others will chime in, but a couple of thoughts.  I'm more a fan of early rise than true rocker. To quote the Liberty site regarding their "stealth rocker". 
Quote from: Liberty skis
Gradual tip rocker with camber under foot and a flat tail for easy turn initiation and great soft snow performance without sacrificing edge grip and energy return.
I've always liked Icelantic skis, their graphics are awesome and several people here have had Icelantic over the years.
Width. I went from an 84mm waisted ski to a 101mm waisted ski last year, and sometimes that feels like a big difference.  I think you are wise in looking in the 98-105 range rather than making a really big jump. Check out Bushwacka's comments about 98 vs 109 width in the review below.

I'm curious.  You say you "like the Blizzard 8.1" but that "it's still a bit above my current level." Can you say more.
What was your thought in narrowing to the 2 Blizzards you did.  The Bonafide might be a better choice than The One (but all of these are full rocker). You might consider adding a Watea 98 to your list for something that is easier.
Wait and see what some of the better, more knowledgeable skiers have to say.

Also, see this review pertinent to your ski list by Bushwacka.
http://www.realskiers.smfnew.com/index.php/topic,1859.msg15410.html#msg15410
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 11:42:27 am by jim-ratliff »
"If you're gonna play the game boy, ya gotta learn to play it right."