Author Topic: Dynastar Chams - First Impressions  (Read 425 times)

byronm

• 100 Posts
Re: Dynastar Chams - First Impressions
« on: February 27, 2013, 07:10:54 pm »
LP...My thoughts at this point regarding the crave for uber wide skis is they tend to be specialty tools designed to "work" in conditions other than their design intent. While I think the line is being blurred somewhat by some designs into more utilitarian all around skis, under the most common conditions (for me), at some point, they take more work...to make work. 

Gary....At the risk of sounding like a proud papa regarding my new Rev 85's. I can tell you that under the conditions related in my OP, the Rev's handled variable snow (as defined) as well as the wider skis and  handled the groomed terrain signficantly better with more versatility and less effort. EDIT: Just to be clear G...the Revs are rockin!!  :P 

No chance to demo again today as I cut my day short to make the drive back home and quite honestly, a nagging quad pull procurred sometime yesterday after skiing hard with zero wait at either of the two high speed lifts. By myself, skiing at a faster pace and a bigger dose than I would normally. Even after a jacuzzi treatment last night, this morning it was worse. With great conditions on the hill, I still had to give it a go... but called uncle at noon.... :-X

However, a little recoup time and I will be back at it........ :D

« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 09:23:35 pm by byronm »