Author Topic: Dynastar Chams - First Impressions  (Read 428 times)

LivingProof

• Global Moderator
  • 400 Posts
Re: Dynastar Chams - First Impressions
« on: February 27, 2013, 06:33:29 am »
Byron,

For sure, you've been hanging out in our forum long enough to take advantage of a demo day when chance puts you in the right place. Good on you. And, yes, I've found that chatting it up with a rep works.

Last year in Tahoe, I did demo's of the Cham 97 and 107. The ski I was using that week was a Dynastar Legend 94, so weight was a change from my daily driver. Like you, I was at an area that had new snow, so the skis were in the environment where they should work. I liked the 97 during a quick 2 run demo, had the 107 for a halfday, not as impressed. I've stated, many times, I don't understand wide skis, as, my max width is 77. I just like fast edge changes, bringing skis to higher edges and precision. All in all, I was underwhelmed, I had to make them work. Others reviews of the Cham series are polrizing.

The great thing is you now have some real observations about a width of skis that some rave about. We all need to know ourselves and not be influenced by raves from others. In your development, stay on narrower skis....but, next time at a demo get on as many new skis as you can.