Author Topic: Skiing with Ron  (Read 1078 times)

Gary

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Skiing with Ron
« on: April 17, 2013, 08:28:10 am »
Hey Ron...nice to have your thoughts back here....and nice review of the 105's...spot on from my experience too.

Liam...I like the word you used..."unique"...certainly specific to the terrain......Keepin g an open mind and watching good skiers just take total control in a glade or treed environment is amazing. I just look at it as adding more ski tools to my ski bag. I may never become a "tree rat" but there IS something very magical about the beauty, peace and challenge of being in the trees. NOT to mention it's less rutted up and there's usually more pow holding in there. Time and opportunity will help improve my skills there, this I know.

Head has a new ski coming out this season that's 98 underfoot...should be interesting. I did demo the Head 90 and did not like it at all...I thought it lacked energy and there was way too much vibration coming through the ski...it's way different than the 105.

The only thing I determined with my 105 in a 181 length. For open bowls and resort trails with pow and/or broken snow, that length was fine. But when I got into the trees and bumps...the length was just more to handle than I needed. At 5'7, 149lbs...I decided I'd purchase the 171 length...waiting on its arrival.

MAN...feel like I should go ski something right NOW!   :-\      Best, G