Author Topic: Skiing with Ron  (Read 1047 times)

Ron

• 6+ Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Skiing with Ron
« on: April 17, 2013, 05:54:35 am »
We had a great time and got to ski everything across-the-board. Even got to play around with some skis like the 105 which I now own   :D  (fantastic ski BTW). Skiing trees or tight steeps or any other technical line requires varied skills; both skiing skills and ability to read the mountain and snow, confidence in yourself and the willingness to fail (including getting hurt) you can't ski this stuff without understanding the risk. Its part of the game.  I give Gary a lot of credit to be open to using some unconventional (to this gang) methods and tactics and picking up on them quickly.  Changing foot work, arm position, body position, planting tactics and even working in some pivot slips when needed, modified stems and much more active flexation and absorption. I remember when Gary figured out that keeping your arms in, elbows almost touching your body and pole planting straight forward makes a huge difference in control in the trees!  There is nothing better than skiing Aspens on a powder day.  Next time we'll take it up a notch!  :P