Author Topic: Realskier Ski of the Year: The Chariot!!!  (Read 2996 times)

jbotti

• 6+ Year Member
  • 400 Posts
Re: Realskier Ski of the Year: The Chariot!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2010, 08:13:18 am »
Yeah at the end of the day that is what all of us are doing here, trying to get oursleves jacked up for ski season and we're all hoping that the time will pas quickly til there is snow on the ground!!!

I do have a ski purchase to announce: I just bought a pair of the Head i Speeeds in a 180 length. I skied these once before in a 175. I absolutley loved them. I need a pair of skis to race GS with this year. Last year I was skiing my Fischer Progressors and some Dynastar Race stock 21m TR GS skis. The Dynastars were too much ski and too wde a TR. My brother essentially stole my progressors he liked them so much. I was going to buy the Fischer RC's which were on sale at Ski Depot for $649 with bindings. Then I noticed that Ski Depot offers discounts to USSA members and since I have been one for the last 2 years I called and got the pricing sheet. They had the I Speeds for $799 with bindings. Not a steal but only $150 more than the RC's. I had $2450 in my paypal account all from seling skis last year (and this is my ski slush fund for this year). I decided to pull the trigger and I am pretty stoked. These skis also have KERS, which is an amazing technological advance in skis primarily used on hard snow!!.

I have room for one more purchase this year if I feel the urge. That may be the Chariots after I demo them. If not I may carry a credit into next year, which would be a first.