Author Topic: Krypton Pro boots  (Read 4220 times)

Svend

• 4-6 Year Member
  • 1000 Posts
Re: Krypton Pro boots
« Reply #45 on: November 09, 2012, 06:46:50 am »
Just wondering -- does anyone here have a "boot quiver"? We all have multiple pairs of skis.  Heck, some even consider 10 pairs to be the new normal (can't remember who that was; H-A or Heluva, I think).  But, and correct me if I'm wrong, we all seem to have only one pair of boots.  Bush might be the exception -- he probably has a 2nd pair of AT boots, but that doesn't count as they are special purpose.  In any case, I've never heard anyone here saying "I think I'll ski in my Raptors tomorrow, and leave the Kryptons at home".   

Curious thing that.  We have different skis that suit different needs -- carvers, all mtn., powder, etc..  But we only have a single pair of boots to take us into all that varied terrain.  Seems to me that some boot designs -- sp. the 3-piece Krypton discussed here -- may have some advantages over 2-piece in certain terrain (bumps, off-piste, crud), whereas a solid narrow last 2-piece just can't be beat for hard snow carving.  So, if this is true, then why don't some of us have at least a 2-boot quiver? After all, the cost of a pair of boots is about the same as a pair of skis, and a few of us here don't even blink at buying new skis every season or two. 

I'm interested to find out why this might be...